— Investing to create positive social and environmental impact.
Positive Social and Environmental Impact
— Making the world Whole.
— In an unbroken or undamaged state
— Characterized by comprehension of the parts of something as intimately interconnected and explicable only by reference to the whole.
- To invest 100% of the foundation’s resources in investments that produce positive social and environmental impact
- To exercise fiduciary responsibility (balancing the requirements of the Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act with the requirement that our investment practices do not undermine our mission).
- To invest across all impact themes
- To invest across all asset classes
- To invest across all geographic sectors
Aligning Our Investment Strategy With Our Mission
- Identifying what is damaging, what is enhancing, what is excluding and what is disconnecting
- How do we prevent that which damages?
- How do we enhance the whole?
- How do we include the excluded?
- How do we connect the disconnected?
- Understanding the intimate inter-connectedness of the whole
Increasing the Impact of Our Investment Portfolio
Moving our investments further along the Impact Investing Spectrum